Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Garden

I decided to try my hand at growing vegetables this year and so far have been successful. My romaine and butter lettuces have matured and are delicious! The zucchini are now blossoming and I have a few green tomatoes coming in. I just have an 8x4 bed this year, but maybe next year we'll plant another one. It is fun to go out to my own yard and pick something for a meal. I can't wait until the beans and squash come in so we can cook them for Tyler!




June 18th


Herbs July 17th

Zucchini blossoms July 17th
Romaine lettuce July 11th

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great looking garden. Mine isn't half as pretty
but we have a ton of yummy tomatoes.
Taking some to Anne's 30th Birthday party today.
Loving ALL the pictures of Tyler.
Love, Aunt Chris

Anonymous said...

Bravo, bravissimo, beautiful garden! It is so rewarding to pick your own fresh, organic, healthy vegetables, fresh aromatic herbs to enhance the flavors of homemade delicious gourmet cuisine for the two men in your life and for you. My balcony produced lettuce for 3 meals, swiss chards that are regrowing, herbs and my upside down tomato is producing! Return to the joy of working the earth! I am very proud of you.
Nana