Sunday, August 9, 2009

My First Harvest

Since I planted my garden in June, we have been enjoying romaine and butter lettuces and a variety of herbs. Today was the first day that I picked actual vegetables. So far I have 4 zucchini, 2 yellow squash, and 5 green beans. I planted tomatoes pretty late in the season, so those are not quite ready yet. My jalapenos are coming along slowly, I think the large zucchini plants are shading them too much. It is exciting to be able to eat something from my own yard that I actually grew! I am already looking forward to planting next year and figuring out what works best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These zucchinis and yellow squashes and flat parsley look so much fresher, more appealing than those in the supermarkets that you must expand your garden next summer. For a novice it is an amazingly successful experiment calling for more. Begin planning now, and prepare more beds for next year. You have a good peasant blood flowing in your veins!
All the love of Meme Georgette smiling at you and my love. Nana