Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chicago 2010!

I had my first getaway from Tyler this past weekend. Kelly, Sarah, and I met Eleanore in Chicago for 4 days of eating, drinking, and hanging out. It was so wonderful to be with my friends in such a cool city. Eleanore was the best hostess with lots of goodies for us to eat and drink, and showed us such a great time. I only had a tiny meltdown via Skype on Saturday, but other than that, I was fine being away from my little monkey... plus I knew he was in good hands with his Nanas and Daddy! I have made up for being away from him for 4 days by giving him 1 million kisses since I got home on Sunday night. Thank you to the girls for mommy's getaway! Let's start planning Escape 2011!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, what is SKYPE? Second, where are the pictures? Sweet Sara and all? Glad you had a wonderful vacation w/girls. Time to come back to
Leucadia!!! I might be havin' SKYPE!!!
Love & Hugs, Chris

Anonymous said...

Well, you had a taste of "gastronomy" a la Chicago. I understand it is an important center of "haute cuisine" and no doubt you will remember some of these delectable morsels so you can treat us, or send us a recipe or 2 when you reproduce them with a grain of your own creativity...I am ready for a change of the usual routine and waiting! The fresh pea soup sounds so good. What about the chicken? and the beef?
I am sure Tyler missed you as much as you missed him. Did he look resentful when he first saw you? I am glad you could escape for a few days; we all need a change of routine, I know I do.
Love to the three of you. Nana